Awkward moments

Right, this is a bit of a touchy subject, mainly because of the fact that it is still current. I like this girl. NO i won’t tell you who she is. I know that i blog but really some things are going to stay private. Ok, so we i met her at a party (plus some prior online meetings), she is a top chick. Everything that a man like me likes. Not that i have much experience in this field to say, but still i will say that. She totally blows me away. Smart, witty, intelligent, attractive. (Note: in order of importance, sorta :P)

Anyhow, this is the bit where it gets sticky. I dropped her home last night, first time i have done that really with a chick. It is a cool feeling. I was nervous as hell, why? Cause i didn’t know what to say. There was a sort of awkward silence, well it felt like that to me. Anyhow i got to the front door of her house. I gave her my number, so she can call me. I was going to meet her mum, but she was asleep. Mind you it was 2am, so i kinda thought that might happen.

Then i got real nervous, i think i sounded it too, cause my voice was kinda shaking. Then i asked if she would like to meet up again, and so did she :D. So that was a positive step.
I think she was abit uncomfortable about it too, she didn’t look comfortable. She seemed to have this look on her face that was like, sorta a grimace- but not quite. Like she was nervous as well.

I’m just wondering, to all you men/women do in these circumstances ? Is it one of those things that can’t not be awkward? I was totally normal around her, for the whole night. (except for one time, i was a dick πŸ™ and also when i first met her- i was nervous then too.) I think i really get along well with her, she seems to hold similar beliefs to me, which is cool.

At the party, she was cold (it was partly outside), so she snuggled up to me, and i kept her warm, that was awesome, very awesome, unreal really. I think some of the guys at the party were a bit pissed at me, but stuff them. So hopefully she will ring me this week and i can organise something cool to do, with $5 /student budget. Mind you i hopefully will be paid this week, for a months work at the ISP. πŸ˜‰

I think the hard thing is, that we both like each other, cause we have been chatting online. So it is now the physical meeting and getting to know each other that is going to take some time. Hope she still likes me after that :P.

Why is it always hard to say goodbye, champions?

Message to her: Sorry i have called you her and she, you aren’t the cat’s mother. I just didn’t want to use your name on my blog. I know you will read this. πŸ˜€

Why is it always hard to say goodbye, champions?

This entry was posted in General, Rant. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Awkward moments

1. Xielanx says:

Awkward moments happen to everybody. I deal with them by simply forgetting, or ignoring what had happened. Otherwise its like making a big deal out of nothing.

2. Samantha says:

That’s nice especially that you both got along well during your first meeting. It’s normal to feel a little bit awkward when you’re meeting for the first time a person you used to communicate with only in the internet. I’m sure both of you were excited and at the same time worried whether you would like each other the first time you would meet. You had a nice beginning. The next time she calls maybe you could arrange a special and extraordinary date with her. You do not need to spend a lot of money. Just think of a very creative date that would surely make her happy and think that you are a special guy.

3. Dexter says:

Would seem you have a new blog, means I need to update my links.

And it’s not like I didn’t see “this” coming πŸ˜›

4. Steve-o says:

great to hear your thoughts bro, just be confident with her and keep on being honest too. You’d get nowhere trying to be cool about it – the fact that it freaks you out a bit but you’re still keen is a great sign that it’s worth pursuing. If she’s the right girl, it won’t matter what budget your on.

5. Date Master says:

I say she got a smell of your pooch breath and got worried you were going to stick one on her πŸ˜‰

thanks natedog πŸ™‚
    I’m happy to report that things are moving along nicely. The ball is being hit! πŸ™‚ Both “parties” seem to have a keen interest, so i’ll see how it turns out and tell you guys about it.

7. natedog says:

Hey Gussy, i liked how you used a sports analogy for it. It fits. To continue it a little, this ball… is gonna have to be hit by someone. πŸ˜›

Rob McM: I would definately say that gussy posting his thoughts on the issue, in here where he knows she’ll read it, is a move that i wouldn’t file under ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œdoesnΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t seem interestedΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬?.

Gussy, thanks for sharing. I don’t have a blog, and if i did, i don’t think i could say what you did. I look forward to seeing what happens next πŸ™‚

8. Rob McM says:

Nervousness is contagious, but then again it shows you care which may have made your feelings semi-clear.

However try and make some kind of move soon before she files you under, “doesn’t seem interested”. Once you are in there, it’s hard to claw your way back out πŸ˜‰

Nate, It is a brave move, but hey i needed to tell someone what i was feeling. It happened to be this blog, as well as other real people. I don’t think i am leaving the ball in her court. I think it is equally in each other’s court. You could say it is hovering over the net :P. We will have to see how it turns out.

10. Shell says:

This is a msg from Gussy sister not his royal highness himself (hehe). The butterflys in the stomach are the fun part champy πŸ™‚ Just keep it real and you’ll be fine xox

11. Nate says:

Hmm… Brave move blogging about your feelings for her, especially on here knowing she’ll read it. So then what? You’re leaving the ball in her court?

12. Phobia says:

I’d say something.. but I have no experiance what so ever..

13. diggsy says:

That’s great mate, in answer to your question, I don’t think that akwardness ever goes away for first meetings. Personally I think that’s half the fun of those initial stages, you don’t ever get them back again! It’s nice just to enjoy the emotional rollercoaster as you start to get to know each other…

That and have confidence in yourself eh! πŸ˜‰

14. Noodlez says:

Like Candy said, experience, but then again, I dont think it ever goes away for the first few times of meeting a special person. You are nervous and everything cause you care about that person and you are wanting everything to be perfect and not wanting to say or do anything stupid.
    You did well my young apprentice.
    *hides from “her”*
    πŸ™‚

15. Candy says:

The awkwardness you felt just stems from inexperience which isnt a bad thing, it will go away when you get more experience unless of course you find your soulmate first shot then you wont have to do this again πŸ™‚