Im an Uncle

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OH My freaking GOD!!!! I’M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE.. HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT! I learnt about it on Monday arvo, and had to keep it a secret till Thursday night…. it was Sooooo hard. I kept on grinning too myself, whilst at work. It is such a spin out… im still get used to the idea. Me. Uncle Luke. WTF! i knew that this day would come, considering i have like, 4 sisters. I just never thought it would happen. So im over the moon, if you cant tell. I was bursting to tell some of my friends, but wasnt able to cause my sis wanted to keep it a secret.

It feels like a weight has been removed from my shoulders. The only thing im not looking forward to is in 9 months, when said baby is crying prohibiting me from sleep. That and the pooie nappies, i aint changing them! Apparently i have to clean out the cat litter tray now. Pfft, that is going to happen. I gag at the thought and smell of it. There is some weird disease that pregnant mum’s can catch… so hey…. lets dump it on you, seeing your the only other one living in the house!

Anyhow, im still over the moon and it is a sureal feeling at the moment. I dont know what to expect from the future.. so we will let that be for the moment.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Im an Uncle

1. Nicole says:

Congrats 🙂 to the pair of you, clearly her a little more cause well the luck duck gets to pop a kid out of her giney!! You’re lucky u get all the fun from the kid and be known as cool uncle look. Where as one day she will be known as the evil mum!!! :P:P

2. coralie says:

congratulations, uncle luke! .. & to the mum-to-be as well!! 😀 yay!

3. Cassandra says:

woot. well, take it as a practice and so u’ll do a better job changing diapers next time. haha. kids are fun! 🙂

4. Karma says:

Toxoplasmosis is the reason you’ll have to take care of the litter box.. It might be a good idea if Shell asks the Doctor if they can do a blood test for Toxoplasmosis antibodies.. If she has been infected in the past there’s not too much to worry about.. (I’ve been watching way too much House recently.)

Also watch out for Cat Scratch Fever (I swear that’s the name of a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy song)

I recently became an “Uncle” to my mates newborn Sophie.. It’s a great setup, kind of like having a friend with a swimming pool. You get to visit it when you like, have some fun, but don’t spend all your time and money looking after it. Brilliant.

Congratulations Shell, I’ve never met you, but I’m sure you’re going to be a great mum (you come from the same gene pool as gussy, so you can’t be all bad 🙂 ).

5. Shell says:

Thanks for your support bro..and yes I realise it must have been difficult for you to contain your secret until now..you’ve done well indeed! As for that surreal feeling…welcome to my world darln’…and the wee babies in my freaking stomach..dang!!!! (its’ only the size of a grain of rice at the moment) maybe we could call it puffy??? (ie. rice puffs) anyways if you can empty Roxys’ litter into a bag for me would be great (current litter) and then i’ll do the rest….oh but how I like to giggle when you gag hehehe

6. Jennifer says:

It’s the greatest thing in the whole world. You get to love them, spoil them and give them back 🙂

I love being an aunt. My little niece has brought so much joy to my life in the 5 months she’s been around.